Great news from the Governor's office, Gov. Stitt has signed into law the HB1770. Starting in November cyclists can:
- Treat a Stop sign as a yield sign.
- Treat a stop light as a stop sign.
- Use your right arm to signal a right turn.
- If a motorist harasses you, and a police officer sees it, the motorist can get a ticket.
- If a motorist honks near you, and a police officer sees it, the motorist can get a ticket.
Thanks to all who contacted your Senator, Representative, committee member and Governor. Your actions prove that when we get together as a team and let our elected officials know about the issues that cyclists are concerned about, great things can happen.
And thanks to Jane Ziglar and her team at INCOG for initiating this legislation.